- 1 What Is California Wine Club?
- 2 Recent California Wine Club Featured Wineries
- 3 via: California Wine Club
- 4 California Wine Club Review
- 4.1 4 Things To Love About California Wine Club
- 4.2 2 Things Not To Love About California Wine Club
- 5 Pros Vs Cons Of California Wine Club
- 6 California Wine Club Price
- 7 via: Pexels / David Dibert
- 8 California Wine Club Shipping Breakdown
- 9 Is The California Wine Club Worth It?
- 10 California Wine’s Coupon Or Promo Code
- 11 How To Join California Wine Club
- 12 More Great Subscription Boxes
What Is California Wine Club?
The California Wine Club is a wine of the month club that offers a wide selection of wines, mainly from California, but also from other regions of the world like the Pacific Northwest US, South America, and Europe.It was founded in Ventura California in 1990 by Bruce and Pam Boring and has been successfully operating as a small, family-owned business ever since. Their goal for the past 28 years has been to help small California wineries more easily distribute their wines to consumers across the U.S. and the world.The California Wine Club prefers to ship wines from smaller wineries that can’t always compete in liquor stores and supermarkets because well… They make some damn good wine.If you decide to become a member of the California Wine Club, you can expect to receive up to 4 bottles of artisan wines either monthly, bi-monthly, or quarterly.
Want to get this box for yourself or as a gift for someone?
Recent California Wine Club Featured Wineries
This California Wine Club review, listed some of the more recent wineries featured in the California Wine Club selections.
via: California Wine Club
California Wine Club Review
The California Wine Club has plenty of exciting perks and reasons to become a member… And very few reasons not to.
And even if California wines aren’t your favorite, the California Wine Club probably has a membership you’ll enjoy. Take a look:
- Premier Series: This base membership option will net you 2 bottles of award-winning California wine with whatever shipping frequency you choose. It’s suggest becoming a monthly member because the California Wine Club features a new winery every month (this is true for all memberships.)
- Signature Series: The upper-level wine club option, this membership will get you between 2 and 4 90+ rating (mostly Red) wines from small California wineries.
- International Series: If you’re not a fan of California wines, this membership tier might be for you. It features wines from the most sought-after locations around the world.
- Pacific Northwest Series: The recent spike in popularity of Oregon and Washington wines has spurred an entirely new type wine experience, and with the California Wine Club’s Pacific Northwest Series membership, you can get 2 of these tasty wines each month.
- Aged Cabernet Series: The crème de la crème of wine lovers. The longer the Napa Valley Cabernets featured in this club sit in a cellar, the more complex and rich they become, opening up an entirely unique wine experience. Each bottle is aged 8-12 years in temperature-controlled cellars and are ready to drink the moment they hit your doorstep.
- Case Club Series: One of the best case deals you’ll find on any wine club website, with this membership tier you’ll receive 12 bottles (3 bottles of each of 4 different wines) of either all red, all white, or a combination of both mostly from California wineries but occasionally from Oregon or Washington.
Of course, it’s not all sunshine and rainbows with any subscription service, and the California Wine Club has a few minor drawbacks that may scare away potential subscribers.
Keep reading below to find out why.
4 Things To Love About California Wine Club
The California Wine Club is easily one of the favorite wine clubs.
Here are 4 things to love about California Wine Club:
1. Multiple Membership Options
Not a fan of California wines? No worries! The California Wine Club has 5 different membership tiers (plus a case option), some of which feature wine from places like Washington, Oregon, Germany, Australia, and many more!
2. It’s A Small, Family-Owned Business
If there’s one thing small businesses get right that larger companies seem to fizzle out on, it’s the sense of pride for the work they do.
There are many factors as to why, but the bottom line is that this pride translates directly to job satisfaction, which translates directly to how much effort one gives into making sure his/her product or service is the best it can be.
3. The “Love It” Guarantee
The California Wine Club selects only the best wines from artisan wineries that they know you’ll love, so if you get a bad bottle or don’t like a particular wine, get in touch with them and they’ll refund or replace your bottle for absolutely no cost to you… You don’t even have to send the bottle back.
4. Personal Wine Consultants
What type of food goes best with a bottle of wine? Well that depends…
And if you have no idea where to start, no worries! The California Wine Club has a handful of personal wine consultants who will answer any questions you have about any of the wines in their plans. They can help you find the perfect wine for a special event, or help you find your next favorite.
2 Things Not To Love About California Wine Club
Hey, nothing’s perfect. There are 2 biggest gripes with the California Wine Club.
Here are 2 things not to love about California Wine Club:
1. Limited Selection Of Wines
If you think about it, there’s nothing the California Wine Club can do about this simply because they ship wines from small, family-owned wineries…
And there may not necessarily be a large number of good family-owned wineries, thus the selection will be limited. At least you know you’re guaranteed to get quality grapes!
2. Shipping Costs Extra
The price you see online and in this California Wine Club review doesn’t include shipping costs and the cost of shipping is based on where you live. If you live on the East coast, it could cost you a pretty penny.
Pros Vs Cons Of California Wine Club
- An exceptional collection of highly-rated wines from small, independent wineries from California, the Pacific Northwest, or overseas.
- Multiple membership tiers ensure you can find the perfect subscription for yourself or a loved one.
- Countless online tools to help you understand your wine, find recipes, create a personalized list of your favorite wines, and much more.
- Cancel your subscription at any time with no hidden fees or hoops to jump through.
- Reorder any wine you like and save with up to 50% retail price on all bottles.
- $1 shipping on reorders of 6 or 12 bottles of wine.
- Monthly, bi-monthly, or quarterly subscription frequency options.
- Personal wine consultants who answer any questions you have about the wine you receive.
- Small, family-owned TLC goes into each membership, ensuring your bottles arrive on time and unbroken.
- Cancel anytime at no extra cost.
- Some wines are not available in stores so you’ll either have to reorder from the California Wine Club or the manufacturer.
- All subscriptions are reoccurring until you cancel.
- A limited selection of wines.
California Wine Club Price
There’s a more cohesive breakdown of the membership options up above, but here’s a fancy and easy-to-read table. Each membership price is based on the monthly cost of 2 bottles. The Case Club series is the cost of 12 bottles (yes, that’s the correct price for 12 bottles). The cost of shipping is variable and therefore not included in the prices listed below.
via: Pexels / David Dibert
California Wine Club Shipping Breakdown
The California Wine Club ships to all U.S. States except Utah. Shipping costs are based on where you live.
Is The California Wine Club Worth It?
When it comes down to it, the California Wine Club is a great deal… If you have the cash for it.
The wines are highly rated, the customer service is top notch, and it’s a positive feeling know that you’re supporting a small business rather than a large conglomerate.
The price may be a little steep for some, but the California Wine Club is definitely worth the cost.
Want to get this box for yourself or as a gift for someone?
California Wine’s Coupon Or Promo Code
There is no current coupon or promo code.
How To Join California Wine Club
Joining the club is simple. The hard part is deciding how much wine to order.
Here is how to join the wine club:
1. Select Your Membership
Choose which types of wines you’d like to receive by selecting your membership.
2. How Much Do You Want?
Once you’ve selected a membership option, decide whether you want it for yourself or someone else, then choose how many bottles you’d like to receive, and how often you’d like to receive them. You can receive wine monthly, bi-monthly, or quarterly.
3. Review Your Cart
Don’t forget the promo code here!
You’ll have to create an account if you don’t have one already. Enter your billing and shipping information and create a password for your online account (it’s required.)
5. Kick Back, Relax, And Await Your Wine
Your first shipment will show up between 2 days and 3 weeks after your order is placed.
More Great Subscription Boxes
Still unsure about which wine subscription service to get? Check these out.