- 1 Why Did You Leave Your Last Job Answers
- 1.1 1. Looking for new experiences
- 1.2 2. Left the job for career growth
- 1.3 3. Change in career direction
- 1.4 4. Your last job can’t challenge you enough
- 1.5 5. Restructuring of company
- 1.6 6. Your role at the company changed over the time
- 1.7 7. I needed a change
- 1.8 8. My last job wasn’t helping me achieve my career goal.
- 1.9 9. I was ready to take new responsibilities
- 1.10 10. I had to resign due to family issues
- 1.11 11. My position was eliminated and I was laid off
Why Did You Leave Your Last Job Answers
1. Looking for new experiencesThis one would be a more appropriate answer to this question as it would make you look like an ambitious person who is looking for new opportunities and experiences. Willing to leave their last job because it isn’t taking them anywhere is also a sign of bravery so that would too help you look good as well.If you are working for a small company, organization, or agencies then no interviewer would find any fault or any fowl reason for you to leave the job.You can say as follows:-I had been working for the company for a long time now and now I wanted to find a new environment or job to continue growing.
2. Left the job for career growthIf your past company and workplace have failed you in giving you the growth in the career that they have promised then it can’t your fault to quit. The interviewer won’t be hearing for the first time and they would probably understand it too.You can say:-I wasn’t happy with my career growth so I decided to get a new job.
3. Change in career directionIt’s pretty common for people to change the career direction, at any point in their lifetime. So this would be a pretty safe answer too. Of course, in this case, the job you are applying for should be different than the last job.
4. Your last job can’t challenge you enoughOne of the best answers that you can give to this question is that you didn’t find the last job challenging enough.Again, it would make you look ambitious and challenging enough that you are willing to leave a job just because you weren’t satisfied with your last job. You can also say that you are capable of doing much more than what your last job was asking for.You can also point out that you are capable of accepting the new challenges that this position has to offer you.
5. Restructuring of companyOne of the things that can be understood by the interviewers about you leaving your job is that you weren’t comfortable with there structuring of your last company.You don’t have to speak ill about it but you can say you didn’t feel comfortable about this so you decided to leave.
6. Your role at the company changed over the timeAnother one of the reasons to leave a job is when a person is not getting what he was promised at the start of the job, whether it’s the work or the pay scale. So you can say that your role was not what it had been promised to you so you decided to leave for good.
7. I needed a changeIt’s another acceptable answer to give for this question. Anyone can feel a little bored after doing the same kind of work overtime and there is nothing wrong with that. So do say that you have been doing the job for quite some time now and you weren’t as excited as you were before, so decided to leave the job.
8. My last job wasn’t helping me achieve my career goal.Every ambitious person has the career goals that they need to achieve. They would want to do the job that would bring their career closer. So if your last job wasn’t right for the career goals then it wasn’t your fault at all. So you can say that you have left your last job because it didn’t fill the requirements which you needed to achieve your goal.
9. I was ready to take new responsibilitiesIt’s also a valid reason to leave your last job when you are not satisfied with the responsibilities that you have been given at your last job.
10. I had to resign due to family issuesIf that was the case for you leaving your last job then you can say so without hesitating. Putting your family first is not a weakness. You can say that now you have taken care of everything and you are ready to give your full attention to your career.
11. My position was eliminated and I was laid offThis often happens in the companies when underwent a merger or some massive changes. If that was the case then you can say so too. Be ready to share a few details on this topic as well cause there might be some follow-up questions.